Earlier this year I started (and completed!) a 28 day journey through the New Testament Gospel of Matthew, and I recorded my thoughts along the way. Far from being either academic or systematic, it is simply a collection of my personal reflections as I read a chapter a day.
If my 28 day journey is of interest to you, and/or you are on your own journey with or toward Jesus, you can access each short devotional below, by clicking the appropriate links:
- Day 1 – You and I Are Broken
- Day 2 – Leadership for Who?
- Day 3 – Strong Faith
- Day 4 – Radical Change
- Day 5 – Dying for My Faith
- Day 6 – Private Faith
- Day 7 – Amazed
- Day 8 – Do you need to “Be Right Back”?
- Day 9 – Jesus Needs Me. And you.
- Day 10 – Where is Your Somewhere?
- Day 11 – What to do with Doubt
- Day 12 – Rest
- Day 13 – Listen. Live. Repeat.
- Day 14 – Courage to Speak
- Day 15 – Fiddler on the Roof
- Day 16 – Are you (or do you need) a Faithful Friend?
- Day 17 – Radical Submission
- Day 18 – Counting Sheep
- Day 19 – All In
- Day 20 – What do you Want?
- Day 21 – Kingdoms in Conflict
- Day 22 – Discerning the Question
- Day 23 – Don’t Drink the Poison
- Day 24 – The End of Time
- Day 25 – Kingdom of God
- Day 26 – Calm in the Storm
- Day 27 – Darkness and Mission
- Day 28 – Bringing Jesus into Life
Whether you read through both the Gospel of Matthew and this devotional in their entirety, or “pick and choose” as you go along, I hope and pray that it will be helpful to you in your journey. If you have time, I’d love to read your comments!
As for my re-engagement with social media, I’m not sure where I am at. The #DailyMatthew journey was very good for me (and I am trying to discern if I should do the same thing through another book of the Bible), but I’m not yet convinced that social media involvement is time well spent. So … it is an unsolved question for now.