For those of you who are taking part in the six week class at Westwood Church called “Uncommon Faith“, here are the requirements to work through for week 2:
- Read 2 Kings 22:1-23:30 in three different translations (if you want suggestions, I recommend these three for this course: NET, TNIV, ESV).
- Do you see a structure to the story? Repeated words/ideas, progression of words/ideas, development of main characters, etc.
- As you read the text, answer these questions:
- Specifically, what is the narrator’s assessment of Josiah?
- Why do you think that the narrator made that assessment?
- What role does the Book/Torah play in the story?
Have fun with this, and I’ll see you on Sunday!