For those of you who are taking part in the six week class at Westwood Church called “Uncommon Faith“, here are the requirements to work through for week 3:
- Read Numbers 27:12-23 in three different translations (if you want suggestions, I recommend these three for this course: NET, TNIV, ESV).
- Do you see a structure to the story? Repeated words/ideas, progression of words/ideas, etc.
- As you read the text, answer these questions
- Specifically, how does Moses describe his successor?
- Why do you think that Moses chose those specific characteristics as being critical for the next leader of the Israelites?
- What roles do both the Lord and Moses play in the story?
Have fun with this, and I’ll see you on Sunday!