Last month, I read I Once Was Lost: What Postmodern Skeptics Taught Us About Their Path to Jesus, by Don Everts and Doug Schaupp. In the book, the authors do a great job of carefully articulating and categorizing some of the spiritual realities that many of us are intuitively aware of (but we just may not have seen them clearly yet ). They summarize the five thresholds of coming to Jesus this way:
- Moving from distrust of Christians to trust of a Christian,
- Moving from complacent to curious (about Jesus),
- Moving from being closed to change to being open to change in their life,
- Moving from meandering to seeking, and
- Crossing the threshold of the kingdom itself.
What do you think? Thinking of your own spiritual journey, where are you? How are you traveling with others on their journeys?